Kaohsiung National Stadium, Taiwan- Chieffy Caligdong has once again proven that he is the most “rabid” Azkal when it comes to scoring goals by netting 2 goals in the 2-0 win of the Azkals over Macau. The Barotca Nuevo native came into the game as a substitute at halftime with the Philippine team failing to capitalize on its chances in the opening 45 minutes of play.
His first goal came in 58th minute with the help of an excellent free kick by Mark Hartmann. Another Hartmann to Caligdong combination resulted to the final goal of the match in the 87th minute. The amazing Filipino winger has a tournament-leading 4 goals.
The Philippines awaits the result of the match between Taiwan and Hong Kong to determine its final placing. The Azkals can either place second or third depending on the Taiwan-HK match ending on a draw or not. A draw will relegate the Filipino booters to 3rd place. The Philippines drew with HK (3-3) and Taiwan (0-0) in their previous matches.
- Long Teng Cup: Azkals draw with HK 3-3 (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- 10-man Global FC Triumphs Over Kaya FC (globalfc.wordpress.com)
- Azkals – We Believe (theechoes.net)
- almost world cup (seaprincess72.wordpress.com)
- Al Azraq Supremacy tooTough for Azkals to Handle (retech08.wordpress.com)
- The Azkals: Too Big For Their Boots? (kickette.com)