Tim Lincecum, the Filipino-American ace pitcher of the San Francisco Giants leads his team to a Game 5 victory to clinch the World Series against the Texas Rangers. Unlike in game 1 where the batters got to the pitchers early, Game 5 was a royal pitching match-up between Lincecum and the Ranger’s Cliff Lee. The game was scoreless for 6 full innings with the pitchers getting the better of the batters. Things started to unravel when in the 7th inning Edgar Renteria hit a 3 run home run to push the Giants into the lead and on the verge of its first title in 56 years. Texas was only able to answer with 1 run in the bottom of that inning. Renteria ended up as the World Series MVP.
caloycomment: It’s a great win for the Giants. They finally nailed one years after they have a fixture named Barry Bonds. Lincecum has shown that he can win in the postseason. I hope that his performance can somehow boost the interest of Filipinos with baseball. I hope he will visit the Philippines and encourage youngsters to take on this sport.
- “San Francisco Giants Beat The Texas Rangers To Win 2010 World Series” and related posts (ballerstatus.com)
- San Francisco Giants win World Series and then SF riots | Steve Busfield (guardian.co.uk)
- Lincecum comes through as Giants win World Series (msn.foxsports.com)
- Tim Lincecum: San Francisco Ace Gets Second World Series Win In Clincher (bleacherreport.com)
- Giants win World Series behind Lincecum, Renteria (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Rangers’ Best Pitcher, Big Bats Fizzle Vs. Giants (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Best pitcher, big bats fizzle as Texas loses World Series (tsn.ca)
- SF Giants add ‘champions’ to storied legacy (sfgate.com)
- World Series Game 5, Giants Vs. Rangers: Neftali Feliz, Tim Lincecum Trade Scoreless Eighth (sbnation.com)
- Edgar Renteria Named 2010 World Series MVP Over Tim Lincecum (sbnation.com)
- Pitcher with Pinoy roots leads SF (gmanews)