Athletic Propulsion Labs’ Concept 1 shoe was recently banned by the NBA because it might give undue advantage to the wearer. APL Concept 1 can possible give an additional 3.5 inch increase in vertical leap. The company’s owner Adam and Ryan Goldston were not totally shocked hearing the news about the ban.
caloycomment: I wonder if they would allow it in the Philippine leagues. Dunks Dunks Dunks!!!!
- Sneaker that acts like moon boots get banned from the NBA (dvice.com)
- “NBA Bans APL Concept 1 Basketball Shoe” and related posts (theshoegame.com)
- APL Shoes: Sneakers Banned by NBA for ‘Undue Competitive Advantage’ (bleacherreport.com)
- NBA Bans Spring-Loaded Sneakers for Giving Unfair Ups (popsci.com)
- NBA Bans Basketball Shoes by Athletic Propulsion Labs Based on League Rule against “Undue Competitive Advantage” That Increases a Player’s Vertical Leap (eon.businesswire.com)
- NBA bans basketball shoe because of undue competitive advantage (sportingnews.com)
- NBA Bans Spring-Loaded Basketball Shoes (geekologie.com)