Only 24 women pool players remain in the 2010 Women’s World Ten Ball Championships. Among them is Filipina and Defending Champion Rubilyn Amit. Iris Ranola, the other Filipino bet failed to advance to the next round as well as World No. 1 Allison Fischer. Fischer is also know as the Duchess of Doom lost to unheralded Eun Ji Park of Korea. Matches will resume tomorrow at Nuvo City and Robinsons Galleria.
Caloycomment: It will be exciting how would Rubilyn Amit fare in this championships. Being from the host country would definitely bring her some extra motivation to defend her crown. I hope that the Filipino fans will come, see, and root for our country’s bet in this very prestigious tournament. Good luck, Rubilyn!!!!
Update: Amit makes it to semis
- Amit, Fisher win first round of World 10-ball Championship (sports.inquirer.net)
- Amit, Oryan save day for Filipinas in World 10-Ball Championship (sports.inquirer.net)
- Taiwan’s Tsai beats Amit, 6-2, in World 10-Ball Championship (sports.inquirer.net)
- Amit downs Paglia on opening day of World 10-ball Championship (sports.inquirer.net)
- Amit is RP’s Last Hope (GMA)