What was expected to be a pitchers duel turned out to be a semi-batting practice by the San Francisco Giants. The bats of San Francisco made the seemingly unhittable Cliff Lee look ordinary. Freddy Sanchez had 3 doubles and was key in the six run 5th inning in putting the Giants ahead of the AL Champs Texas Rangers.
Ted Lincecum, who happens to be part Filipino did his part to limit the offense of the Rangers in Game 1 of the World Series. The Rangers defense also helped the Giants by committing 4 errors.
caloycomment: It was great to see some offense in Game 1. Many bettors thought the Cliff Lee would just mow the down the batting order. Boy, they were wrong. I would expect a series that will be full of Home runs and runs. Giants in 6!!! 😉
- World Series Game 1: Giants Take 5-2 Lead Over Rangers, Cliff Lee Chased (bleacherreport.com)
- San Francisco Giants’ Freddy Sanchez helps crush Texas Rangers in World Series opener (telegraph.co.uk)
- San Fran Madness Continues: Giants Strike Rangers First With 11-Run Barrage (bleacherreport.com)
- Giants claim Game 1 (theglobeandmail.com)
- “World Series Game #1: Texas Rangers Vs. San Francisco Giants – Cliff Lee Vs. Tim Lincecum” and related posts (purplerow.com)
- World Series PHOTOS: Giants Top Rangers, 11-7, In Game 1 (huffingtonpost.com)
- World Series 2010: How the San Francisco Giants Will Win It All (bleacherreport.com)
- Giants Beat Up Lee, Rangers In Game 1 Rout (newyork.cbslocal.com)