Jerry Jones, the owner of the Dallas Cowboys fired Wade Phillips after the Dallas Cowboys were routed by the Green Bay Packers. It is the 7th loss of the Cowboys who will be hosting the Super Bowl in their new stadium next year. At 1-7, they have a bigger chance to get the top pick in the next year’s NFL draft than winning the Super Bowl. Offensive Coordinator Jason Garrett was promoted after the firing.
caloycomment: The Cowboys were quiet upbeat when the season started. They have a QB that is capable of embarrassing some of NFL’s best defenses in Tony Romo. They have drafted a very talented Wide-Receiver in Dez Bryant. They retained the core of a very competitive from last season. The owners were expecting no-less than a Super Bowl berth. The New Cowboy stadium will host this annual event. Every hope unraveled when they lost 7 of its first 8 games and losing Romo to an injury. I do not know how they can salvage the season. Maybe they will just play for the No.1 player of the next draft. (This can be good for my Lions…hehehehe) I am sure Jerry Jones will make a big splurge next year.
- Dallas Cowboys fire coach Wade Phillips (sportingnews.com)
- Report: Dallas Cowboys Press Conference To Announce Wade Phillips Firing (bleacherreport.com)
- Will Wade Phillips Be Fired As Dallas Cowboys Head Coach? (sbnation.com)
- Dallas Cowboys fire Wade Phillips after 1-7 start; Jason Garrett takes charge (washingtonpost.com)
- “Wade Phillips Fired, Jason Garrett New Head Coach Of Dallas Cowboys – It’s Official” and related posts (bloggingtheboys.com)
- Slumping Dallas Cowboys fire head coach Wade Phillips (reuters.com)
- Dallas Cowboys fire Wade Phillips (msn.foxsports.com)