The 2010 Asian Games has started and the Philippines is not having a very good start. Many of the athletes finished in the middle of the pack and out of the medal races. After a few days of wait, the dancesport team has finally delivered. Ronnie Vergara and Charlea Lagaras bagged 2 bronze medals in the latin cha-cha and pasa doble events in the dancesport competition. Dancesport was once again dominated by the host China that swept all the 10 medals at stake in one of the newest sports in the Asian Games.
Other results for the PH delegation:
Basketball: Philippines 76- Kuwait 69
Tennis (Men’s Team): Chinese Taipei 2 – Philippines 0
Billiards (8-Ball): Roberto Gomez and Efren Reyes are eliminated
Judo: Jonh Baylon (0-1) Eliminated, Karen Ann Solomon (1-2) Eliminated in the repechage.
Men’s Triathlon: Nikko Huelgas (11th), Neil Catiil (14th)
- PH gets 2 dancesport bronze medals in Asian Games (sports.inquirer.net)
- 2010 Asian Games Opening Ceremony (boston.com)
- 2010 Asian Games launched with spectacular ceremony in China (cnn.com)
- Asian Games 2010 live score, streaming, medal tally, schedule, results, videos, photos, highlights (panasianbiz.com)
- Smart Gilas PH survive Kuwait, 79-69 (sports.inquirer.net)