If Manny Pacquiao lost, there were many alibis that can one make:
1. He was outweighed by 17 pounds on fight night.
2. He did not have the best of training camps.
3. Antonio Margarito is a natural welterweight.
4. Pacquiao was smaller and shorter than his opponent.
5. Congressman Manny Pacquiao is distracted because of his election as the Congressman of Sarangani.
Team Pacquiao did not have to make these excuses. Pacquiao proved once again that he is the Mexicutioner. He utterly annihilated a hapless Tijuana Tornado yesterday at the Dallas Cowboys Stadium in front of a crowd of over 40,000 and millions watching worldwide. The WBC super welterweight belt is now his and it is his 8th world title in his 8th weight class. His performance was a clear testament of the title Pound for Pound the best boxer in the world. I think it is time for people to change the Pound for Pound Ranking into the Manny Pacquiao rankings when he retires. No boxer in history has ever succeeded in so many weight classes. Manny started his career in the 106 lbs. division and he just won the 154 lb. title. A lot of people are now clamoring for the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight to happen. Paquiao will not need a Mayweather anymore to be remembered as the the greatest boxer in his generation. Congratulations, Manny!!!!!
- Antonio Margarito suffers fractured orbital bone in loss to Manny Pacquiao (sports.espn.go.com)
- ‘Pacman’ Pacquiao Takes 8th Title (abcnews.go.com)
- Pacquiao dominates Margarito for WBC crown (cbssports.com)
- Pacquiao dominates bloodied Margarito (3news.co.nz)
- Pacquiao Dominates in Win Over Margarito (foxnews.com)
- 10 Things We Learned from Manny Pacquiao’s Destruction of Antonio Margarito (bleacherreport.com)