The Smart-Gilas Philippine Basketball Team fell to Japan in its Group F match 58-60 in the 2010 Asian Games Basketball competition. The Philippine team has to beat India and Chinese-Taipei to further advance in the tournament. It was a tough loss for Filipino cagers since they started the game with a 14-9 lead and had a chance to win or tie in the final seconds.
Meanwhile, 2-time Filipino Olympian Tsomlee Go settle for a bronze medal in the men’s under 63 kg division of the taekwondo competitions. Go was defeated in a very close match to eventual Gold medallist Lee Dae Hoon of Korea. Go won 2 matches before bowing to the Korean representative in the extension period of their match. His bronze the Philippine’s medal tally to 2-1-5 (gold-silver-bronze)
- Asian Games: Philippines Bags 2nd Gold (ricojr2010.wordpress.com)
- Kiamco wins gold; Orcollo, silver in all PH 9-ball pool finals (sports.inquirer.net)
- Taiwan protests controversial taekwondo DQ at Asian Games (sports.espn.go.com)
- Tsomlee Go settles for Bronze (bandera)
- Japan pushes PH cagers to the brink (inquirer)