The game ended 86-83 in favor of the home team the Dallas Mavericks. It was a “sick” and exciting game. Dirk Nowitzki who was sick with high fever made a drive late in the game and cemented his place as one of the sickest 4th quarter performers in NBA playoff history. Nobody in this playoffs average more points in the 4th quarter than this phenomenal German ace.
Dwayne Wade of the Miami Heat also had a sick game by finishing 32 big points but it was not enough to propel the vaunted Heat to a 3-1 lead in the 2011 NBA Finals series. A sick part of his performance though was his crucial free throw miss which could have tied the game.
Tyson Chandler also was a standout. He had sickteen (16) rebounds and was a defensive superstar of the Mavs. Rick Casrlisle was “sick” also by starting JJ Barea over Stevenson and Stevenson sickly responded with 11 points to lead the bench.
Sick and amazing performances abound but the sickest of them all was Lebron James. Where was LBJ? King James scored an anemic 8 points. He even had more rebounds than his points. It is the Finals and seeing a 2-time MVP who ditched his hometown team to win a ring score just 8 points is just sick. Does he have flu? The legendary Michael Jordan scored 38 points against the Jazz while battling flu. It would be sick to compare the great MJ to LBJ.
After a fun to watch game 4. Game 5 will be quiet fun to watch! How will Lebron and Miami react to this loss.
- NBA Finals 2011: Will Dirk Nowitzki’s Teammates Prevail or Fail in Game 5? (bleacherreport.com)
- NBA Finals 2011: Last Minute Predictions and Live Coverage for Game 5 (bleacherreport.com)
- NBA Finals 2011: Dallas Mavericks Must Win Game 5 to Avoid Elimination (bleacherreport.com)
- NBA Finals 2011: Dallas Mavericks Switch Up Rotation to Spark Game 4 Win (bleacherreport.com)
- NBA Finals 2011: Can Tyson Chandler Repeat His Game 4 Performance? (bleacherreport.com)