The Al-Azraq scored in the 16th minute via a Yousef Nasser header. Musaed Neda and Fahed Al-Ibrahim added goals in the 66th and 84th minutes to clinch the victory for the hosts. The first half was close with good scoring chances by Phil Younghusband and Angel Guirado.
In the second half, Kuwait was slow asserting its dominance and helped by the absence of Aly Borromeo and Stephan Shrock, Neil Etheridge was helpless in preventing the host country to score. The game would have been a lopsided rout though if not for goalkeeper Etheridge who made many point blank stops during the course of the game.
caloycomment: Well, the game is a learning experience for the Azkals. It is really tough to play against Asia’s best teams in their stadium. It is time for the Philippines to give them the same treatment when they come here. The popularity of football rests on the shoulders of these brave men. I really hope they will overachieve in their next match. Go Azkals!!!
- The Blue Team Prevail 3-0 Against Azkals (retech08.wordpress.com)
- Azkals mangle Brave Reds 4-0 (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- Ultimate Day today for a Pinoy sports fanatic (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- Availability Of Tickets Azkals VS The Blue Team (retech08.wordpress.com)
- philippine football, the azkals & understanding how far we have come & how far we still have to go (ladrido.net)