8-division world boxing champion Manny Pacquiao is also planning to have a spectacular political career after he retires from boxing. In an interview with a local radio station he revealed his plans of seeking the top gubernatorial post in his province in next year’s midterm election before running for the Vice-presidential post in 2016.
His declaration immediately elicit instant reaction from many people including the Comelec Chairman who shoot down his 2016 plans as he is deemed under aged for the VP position. The Philippine Constitution requires a candidate to be at least 40 to run for vice-president.
Congressman Manny Pacquiao is currently in the middle of his press tour to promote his upcoming fight in November against Mexican Juan Manuel Marquez.
caoycomment: I guess after winning the House seat of Sarangani, Cong. Pacquiao is starting to love …. Continue
- Manny Pacquiao ready for 3rd Marquez fight (telegraph.co.uk)
- Pacquiao croons tender love ballad at press conference. Thanks folks, tip your waitress (offthebench.nbcsports.com)
- Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez Press Conference Quotes from New York (bleacherreport.com)
- Manny Many Prizes KOs Rivals (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- Manny Pacquiao eyes vice-presidency (Gmanews)
- Pacquiao for VP??? (Pinoy Sports Satire)