In Week 7, the undefeated Green Bay Packers visited struggling Minnesota (1-5). Chris Ponder made his debut as the Viking’s starting QB. The Vikings fought hard and they managed to score 27 points against the Packers but it was still not enough as Green Bay’s high octane offense scored 33 big points.
Aaron Rodgers showed Ponder how it is done as he finished with 335 and 3 TDS. He garnered a QB rating of 146.5. He issued passes to John Kuhn, Greg Jennings, and Jermichael Finley. In the defensive side, Charles Woodson intercepted 2 of the rookies passes.
Ponder only completed 13 of his 32 passes. He had 2 touchdowns. The Vikings as usual leaned on Adrian Peterson. Peterson finished with 175 rushing yards and 1 TD.
The Packers will have a bye week in Week 8. The NFL will have an undefeated team after Week 8. Their next match will be against the San Diego Chargers.
- NFL 2011: Packers is the lone team with perfect record after Week 6 (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- NFL 2011: Lions, Packers still undefeated (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- Packers hold off Ponder, Vikes to stay unbeaten (sportsillustrated.cnn.com)
- Packers stop Vikes to stay perfect (theglobeandmail.com)
- Packers vs. Vikings: 4 Halftime Adjustments for the Packers to Win (bleacherreport.com)