2011 MLB World Series: Cards comeback again and win Game 7 to deny the Texas Rangers
The 2011 World Series winner is…. St. Louis Cardinals. Here are the teams that they would thank:
- Atlanta – the Wild card Cardinals would not be in the playoffs if not for the late-season collapse of the Braves
- Philadelphia – the best regular season was not able to beat the 4th best NL team despite having arguably the best rotation that money can buy. The Cards clinched with Roy Halladay on the mound for the Phillies.
- Detroit – their previous World Series victim eliminated the highest paid team the NYY in the ALDS.
- Milwaukee – the division champs that failed to topple the second placer in the NLCS.
- Texas – leading 3-2 in the series and having 2 run leads late in Game 6 but lacking in skills of closing out. Thanks for a great series.
- Ace Chris Carpenter – tremendous effort in Game 7 in just 3-days rest.
- David Freese– the World Series MVPfor his heroic hits in the critical Game 6 and Game 7. 21 RBIs in this postseason and he also is the NLCS MVP. His triple and walk-off home run in Game 6 will be immortalized in the annals of baseball.
Image via Wikipedia
- Albert Pujols – his Game 3 performance was legendary.
- Tony LaRussa – for making all the “right” moves.
- Allen Craig – he made timely hits and homers throughout the series. Game-winning hit in Game 1, homered in the magical Game 6, and hit the go-ahead HR in Game 7.
The Cards has on 5 0f 6 World Series title when trailing 3-2. Congratulations!!!