Miami, Florida– Justin Rose survived a gallant rally by World No.1 Rory McIlroy to claim the WGC-Cadillac Championship trophy as 3rd round leader Bubba Watson collapsed with a 74. The other big news was the withdrawal of Tiger Woods due to soreness in the left Achilles tendon.
Rose was just 2 under par for the day but it was enough to win as Watson had 4 bogeys in the front nine to fall behind after holding a 3 shot lead after 54 holes. Rory Mcilroy had a 67 in the day. He eagled the 12th hole but bogeyed the 14th and 18th holes to miss a chance to salvage a playoff or a better placing.
Filipino Juvic Pagunsan and K.J. Choi finished at 4 under par in the tournament to become the best placed Asians. They finished 35th overall and earned $60,600. Pagunsan could have a better finish as he was -4 for the day after the first 9 holes. He double bogeyed the 13th and 18th holes to finish with a par 72 for the day.
1. Rose (-16)
2. Watson (-15)
3. McIlroy (-14)
T-4. Schwartzel (-13)
T-4. Hanson (-13)
T-6. Sendon (-12)
T-6. Donald (-12)
- World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship Round 3: Big Guns make move but Watson still leads the field (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship Round 2: Watson grabs the lead with a superb 62 (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship: Juvic Pagunsan tied for 5th after 1st round (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- Can anyone catch Watson? (tourreport.pgatour.com)
- Bubba 3 Up At WGC-Cadillac Championship (miami.cbslocal.com)
- Tiger Woods Injury: Foot Issue Forces Withdrawal From WGC-Cadillac Championship (sbnation.com)
- Justin Rose is back in bloom as Englishman takes the lead at Cadillac Championship. (telegraph.co.uk)