A PBA play made it to ESPN’s top plays of the day. It was not a spectacular dunk or pass but it was a “funny” performance by PBA veteran Mick Pennisi. The Pennisi flop became viral as the Barako Bull player was shown having a delayed reaction after being hit by a ball. While the play was amusing, the flop was actually instrumental in Barako Bull’s victory over the slumping Petron Blaze Boosters. Will McDonald replaced highly efficient Nick Fazekas. McDonald was supposed to help salvage the season of Petron but because he threw the ball to Pennisi’s head, he got ejected and Barako just toyed with the import-less Boosters to coast to a victory. McDonald was also fined P20,000 for the act.
- A Flop Which Will Make Soccer Players Around The World Jealous (cosbysweaters.com)
- PBA Sunday (2-19-2012): Streaks Broken! (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- Hoops Dome to host PBA Commissioner’s Cup game (cebulive.wordpress.com)
- PBA: 3 cliffhangers so far this weekend (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- Pennisi happy that flop made people laugh (interaksyon)