Kentucky gave John Calipari his first ever NCAA title. The team was composed of outstanding underclassmen led by super freshman Anthony Davis. The Wildcats which has a starting line-up composed of 3 freshmen and 2 sophomores beat the Kansas Jayhawks in the finals. Kentucky will be in rebuilding mode once again as their starting five will enter the NBA draft. It will not be as hard as one thinks as Coach Calipari is a master builder of one and done teams.
The women’s side had the Baylor Bears as No.1 from start to finish. The Lady Bears ended the season with an 80-61 beating against Notre Dame. The team went 40-0 in the 2011-12 season, the first ever team to finish the season with 40 wins. Unlike the Wildcats, the Lady Bears is expecting to have its 5 starters back led by Brittney Griner. The title was the second for Coach Kim Mulkey and Baylor.
The madness ends for the historic 2011-12 season. Congratulations to all champions and student athletes for a very good season.
- March Madness Final 4 Results and Finals preview (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- NCAA Tournament 2012: Ranking the Kentucky Wildcats’ 10 Best Moments (bleacherreport.com)
- Kentucky Celebrates, Women Get Ready For Final In Denver Tonight (denver.cbslocal.com)
- Baylor Bears win NCAA Women’s Championship (twitchy.com)
- NCAA Women’s Tournament 2012 Bracket: Baylor Lady Bears In Final Four (dallas.sbnation.com)
- Obama congratulates Calipari on Kentucky winning championship (cbssports.com)