Rajon Rondo of the Boston Celtics has extended his amazing streak of issuing double digit assists to 20 games. His efforts though were not enough to propel the Celtics to a road victory against the lowly Toronto Raptors. Rondo tied legendary Magic Johnson at 2nd longest streak behind All-time great John Stockton’s 29.
His streak started in March 11 and it came at a good time as the Celtics are battling playoff seeding. After starting the season at 15-17, the Boston Celtics have won 19 of its 26 games after the All-Star break. Boston is currently battling the Atlanta Hawks, and the Orlando Magic for the 4th seed in the Eastern Conference.
The streak helped Rajon Rondo to overtake Steve Nash as the top NBA player when it comes to passing. Rondo (11.4) is now .3 apg clear of Nash (11.1) in the assists race for the season.
caloycomment: With the way, Rondo and Boston are playing expect teams to have a hard time against them in the playoffs … MORE
- Stats Streaks: Boston’s Rajon Rondo has double digit assists for 16 straight games (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- Celtics Vs. Nets: Rajon Rondo, Boston Try To Rebound In New Jersey (boston.sbnation.com)
- Celtics at Raptors, 7 P.m. Et (tbt.blogs.nba.com)
- Boston Celtics Rajon Rondo Sends The NBA A Message (rantsports.com)
- Rajon Rondo: The Epitome of a True Point Guard (bleacherreport.com)
- Rondo carries road-weary Celtics to win over Hawks (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Garnett and Rondo carry Celtics over 76ers 103-79 (seattletimes.nwsource.com)