Former MVP James Yap scored 30 big points to lead the B-Meg Llamados to an 82-66 victory over the Talk ‘N Text Tropang Texters in Game 5 of the best of seven finals of the 2012 Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) Commissioner’s Cup. The Tim Cone-coached Llamados just need one more win in the series to grab the title.
Game 5 was a stark contrast to Game 4 as the Llamados grabbed the lead in the first quarter and held on despite several attempted rallies by the Texters. Yap made all 4 of his 3-point attempts en route to a conference high in scoring. “Big Game” James also grabbed 9 rebounds for his best performance in the finals. Import Denzel Bowles had a monstrous 28 points, 18 rebounds, and 4 blocks output to prove once a gain that he is indeed the best import of the Commissioner’s Cup. Bowles dominated Talk ‘N Text import Donnell Harvey who was limited to 13 points and 16 rebounds. Jared Dillinger and Jason Castro led the Texters with 18 and 16 points respectively. B-Meg held a 49-40 rebound advantage while limiting the high scoring Texters to a 37% shooting clip.
- PBA Commissioner’s Cup: TNT eliminates RoS in Lapu-Lapu City (cebulive.wordpress.com)
- 2012 PBA Commissioner’s Cup: Final 4 starts tomorrow (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- 2012 PBA Commissioner’s Cup: Championship down to 6 teams (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- Llamados, Texters eye 3-2 lead (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- PBA Cup: Castro’s clutch basket helps Talk ‘N Text grab Game 2 of finals (sports.inquirer.net)
- B-meg Barges Into Finals (dominicolaude.wordpress.com)