The 2011-12 PBA Commissioner’s Cup finals is heading to an epic ending as the defending champions Talk ‘N Text Tropang Texters bucked a slow start to defeat James Yap-led B-Meg Llamados, 92-82, in Game 6 of the best of seven finals series. The Texters survived the scoring outburst of Yap (27) and best import awardee Denzel Bowles (33), who combined for 60 big points. The Texters, however, limited the 12 other B-Meg players to a combined 22 points.
Five Texters led by Jason Castro‘s 25 scored in double digits. The Chot Reyes-mentored squad were able to overturn an early 5-14 deficit by making 14 of its 29 three point attempts. The series now moves to an unpredictable and dramatic game 7. It will be expected that a crowd of over 21,000 could come to watch the do-or-die championship match. The head count for game 6 live audience was 20,534 with celebrities like Freddie Roach and ex-NBA Center Luc Longley watching the Texter’s Game 6 victory.
Talk ‘N Text 92 – Castro 25, Dillinger 16, De Ocampo 15, Harvey 11, Reyes 11, Fonacier 6, Alapag 4, Williams 2, Peek 2, Gamalinda 0, Harvey 0
Quarters: 19-27, 50-48, 67-63, 92-82
caloycomment: Game 7. I can hardly wait for Game 7. I will be eating dinner in front of the TV on Sunday … more
- 2012 PBA Commissioner’s Cup Finals Game 5: Yap explodes to tow B-Meg to a 3-2 lead (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- B-meg Eyes Title (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Llamados, Texters eye 3-2 lead (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Bowles, Yap lead Llamados to 82-66 drubbing of Tropang Texters (sports.inquirer.net)
- Ravelismo PBA: The Slammed Semis and Finishing the Finals (ravelismo.wordpress.com)
- PBA Finals: B-Meg leans on Simon to beat Talk ‘N Text (sports.inquirer.net)
- If I were MVP…