Karasuyamajo Country Club, Japan – Filipino Juvic Pagunsan opened with a 6-under par 66 at the PGA Championship Nissin Cupnoodles Cup 2012. The 2011 Asian Tour Order of Merit winner is a stroke behind provisional first round leader Toru Taniguchi. The JPY 150 M event ($1.9M) will award JPY 30,000,000 ($376,000) to its winner.
Another Filipino campaigner is Angelo Que who opened with a 2 under par 70 for a provisional joint 12th place. Several players have not yet finished their rounds but 2 Filipinos have a big chance to make it into the weekend play.
- World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship Round 3: Big Guns make move but Watson still leads the field (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- Golf Capsules: On The Fringe – Too early for a rivalry, but not to gain fans (brownsvilleherald.com)
- World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship: Justin Rose rallies to win by 1 stroke (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- With The Players Championship, PGA Tour tries to keep its major event affordable (jacksonville.com)
- Tournament Leader Board (Japan Golf Tour Official Site)