Doha, Qatar – After 7 long days of competition, the 2012 World 9-Ball Champion is finally crowned. The winner of the 2012 World 9-Ball Championship is none other than Darren Appleton of Great Britain. He beat China’s Lee He Wen in the finals with the slimmest of margins, 13-12. He was actually cruising early in the match as he took a 11-3 lead against the Chinese finalist but Lee had furious rally only to denied in the 25th and final rack. The victory meant the Appleton will crowned as world champion and going home with $40,000. Lee was awarded $20,ooo for his fine effort in the tournament. Lee was the first ever Chinese finalist in the World 9 Ball Championship history. Congratulations to the winners, participants, and the organizers! We look forward to another exciting tournament in 2013.
- WORLD 9 BALL CHAMPIONSHIP 2012 Semifinals: It’s Appleton vs. Lee for all the jewels!! (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- WORLD 9 BALL CHAMPIONSHIP 2012 Semifinal Preview (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- 2012 WORLD 9 BALL CHAMPIONSHIP Quarterfinals: Gabica’s rally falls short; No PHL bets in the Semis (cebuislandlive.com)
- Pinoys shut out of World 9-ball semis (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- WORLD 9 BALL CHAMPIONSHIPS 2012 Day 6 Update: 3 PHL players left in Top 16; Reyes lost hill-hill battle (caloysports.wordpress.com)