SMART-Araneta Coliseum – For the second straight game day, the Petron Blaze Boosters faced a sister team and for the second straight time, the Boosters lost the game in the fourth quarter after controlling most of the game. Reminiscent to their loss to Ginebra last Sunday, Petron was beaten by a B-Meg who was at point down by 19 and playing in the second half without their head coach.
The Booster were still leading by 13 at the half and by 7 going to the final 12 minutes of play. The 4th quarter, however, was owned by the B-Meg Llamados. The streaking Llamados outscored Petron 37-19 in the pivotal quarter. Import Marcus Blakely scored 15 of his 35 points. He got great support from James Yap and Marc Pingris who combined for 38 points. Petron were led by Alex Cabagnot ‘s 22 points.
The win raised B-Meg’s record to 8-3 and 2-0 in the semis. Petron fell to 6-6 and 1-2. The Blaze Boosters only chance to be in the finals is for them to sweep their last 2 assignments and hope that Ginebra, Talk ‘N Text, and B-Meg will not have more than 8 wins after all the semifinal games.
Petron (93) – Cabagnot 22, Washington 15, Santos 14, Ildefonso 14, Faison 12, Lutz 6, Hontiveros 5, Yeo 2, Miranda 2, Pena 1.
Quarters: 19-32, 44-57, 67-74, 104-93
- 2012 PBA Governor’s Cup Semifinals: “Never-say-die” Ginebra pulls off signature comeback in Jaworski’s retirement night (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- 2012 PBA Governor’s Cup Semifinal Cast Complete: Powerade’s season ends on a sour note (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- 2012 PBA Governor’s Cup Semifinals: Ginebra and Petron win first matches (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- 2012 PBA Commissioner’s Cup Game 7: B-Meg “Bowles” over TNT (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- Kings recover in endgame to post crucial win over Barako Bull in PBA Governors’ Cup (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- 2012 PBA Governor’s Cup Semifinals: Rain or Shine eliminates Meralco from contention (caloysports.wordpress.com)