Members Club at Woodcreek in Columbia, South Carolina – The match play phase of the 2012 Women’s Trans National Golf Association Amateur Championship has started and six of seven Filipina parbusters hurdled their Round of 64 matches.
Princess Superal and Cyna Marie Rodriguez led the charge of the ICTSI-sponsored Pinays with emphatic 7 and 5 wins over South Carolina‘s Kaitlin Matheson and Rachel Wyatt, respectively. Dottie Ardina routed Mary Chandler Bryan 5 and 4 to follow the pair to the next round. Sarah Jane Ababe had 2 and 1 victory over Manuela Carbajo of Argentina. Jayvie Marie Agojo and US-based Mia Piccio needed to go 19 holes to survive versus Thuhashini Selvaratnam of Arizona and Grace Lennon of Australia, respectively.
The only Filipina to lose in the first round of the match-play competition was Lovelynn Guioguio who fell to 5th seeded Jessica Alexander of Florida, 2 and 1.
These are are the next matches of the Filipina golfers:
- Davao’s Sarah Jane Ababa will face Kate Scarpetta.
- Cyna Marie Rodriguez will be up against Mexican Regina Plasencia.
- Jayvie Agojo will play against Australian Tilly Poulsen.
- Cavite’s Princess Superal will battle Collins Bradshaw of South Carolina.
- Dottie Ardina will slug it out with Texas’ Kelsey Vines.
- Mia Piccio will match skills against Aurora Kan.
- WWGA 112th National Amateur Championship: Mia Piccio makes it to the quarterfinals (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- WWGA 112th National Amateur Championship: Mia Piccio wins quarterfinals but lost to Moriya Jutanugarn in the semis (caloysports.wordpress.com)
- Baraquiel ties Superal for the lead (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- 2012 Mass Amateur (snaphookgolf.net)
- SMC golfers competing in California Amateur Championship (smcgaels.wordpress.com)
- Open Championships: Els wins; Pagunsan 72nd in major debut
- Callaway Junior World Championships: Dy, Hoey, Olivarez-Ilas win