TAIPEI- PBA leading scorer Gary David had a some sort of coming out party in Smart-Gilas‘ 82-79 triumph over South Korea in the 2012 William Jones Cup. For many years, the Philippines always seem to find a to lose when battling a team from Korea. From the juniors to the senior national, the Philippines suffered heartbreaks in the basketball court cause by Korean long-range bombers. This year’s Jones Cup is different as Gary David made clutch shots that could be make National U-18 coach Olsen Racela proud. In today’s game, Gary David made 2 clutch mid-range jumpers to deny the Koreans in their Jones Cup encounter. He broke a 77-all tie with a nifty short jumper with 1:25 left in the game. After the Koreans tied it at 79, David responded with another jump shot to give the lead for good to the Smart-Gilas. With the win, the Philippines moved to 3-0 to tie the USA and Iran on top of the standings.
- Gary David pushes PH past South Korea (sports.inquirer.net)
- Lebanon outlast India 65-61 in U-18 Asian championship (dailystar.com.lb)
- 11 years in the making: Ginebra’s Caguiao is PBA MVP (sports.inquirer.net)
- 22nd FIBA Asia U18 Championships: Jerie Pingoys top scorer in PHL’s expected victory over Indonesia; Porter scores 8 (cebuislandlive.com)
- South Korean footballer still in medal limbo (edition.cnn.com)